Sunday, February 14, 2016

"Pushing Pass the Pain"


About three weeks ago I experienced the worst pain possible, pain brought upon me in the form of a toothache, yes a toothache. Have you ever seen a grown woman cry and brought to her knees because of pain, well that happened to me and my kids saw me in this pain. They wanted to help me so badly, they rubbed me from head to toe trying to soothe me. I remember feeling so helpless and numb with pain. My hubby reached for painkillers and tried to make me as comfortable as possible, but nothing seemed to work immediately.

I wanted this pain gone like now! but the medication had not kicked in yet,it eventually did and I could sleep till the morning. I woke up tired and still in pain, got ready for work and made a dentist appointment. I had a very bad experience at a dentist years ago and it put such fear in me knowing I had to go back. The unbearable pain forced me to go back, the pain pushed me. Long story short about two weeks ago I had an extraction done I chose to be sedated for this procedure.

 
I was relieved when it was all over, I was a little bruised, swollen lips and cheeks, and very uncomfortable. I remember thinking I can't be seen like this, looking unlovely and slurring my words. I was booked off work but was constantly checking my emails and tried answering calls that was forwarded to my cell. Life around me still continued, I still got up every morning while recovering from the pain as I knew my family needed my help. There was no way my hubby was going to fix the girls hair, I chose to still make breakfast and prepare their lunch packs and see them off as every other day. It was in this moment that I realised that life happens in the midst of pain. Life does not wait for you to get better, it continues with or without you. You have the responsibility in how you respond.


We all experience pain whether physical or emotional, I endured the physical pain and it reminded me of how I deal with emotional pain. In most cases I want to move on as fast as possible, fix what has been broken. I looked at myself and realised that some stuff needs more time than others and pushing through the pain is not always easy but is necessary. When you have been hurt  you want to understand why me? You immediately want to have some distance to analyze the situation to understand what you did to bring this pain upon yourself, with my toothache I remember thinking why did I not make the dentist appointment sooner, when the first toothache started I would have saved myself from the immense pain, time and even money.

 
In the midst of all this I heard the voice of the Holy Spirit saying Push Pass your Pain for the sake of what lies ahead, don't become numb and stay in this place, greater victories await you. Stretch your faith and believe that you will heal from these wounds. Those words gave me the hope and strenght knowing that whatever I was going through at that particular time, that God already saw my outcome. As I close this chapter three weeks later, I can smile again, my mouth has healed, I can sing again, I can talk without slurring my words, the pain is gone. The lesson for me was not to ignore the pain, but to seek help, address the issue at hand inorder for process of healing to start. I trust you learned something as I did, there is great purpose when we endure pain, it can push you to the next level if you open and obedient to His voice or it can destroy you should you choose to stay therein. Joy comes in the morning !!

Thank you for coming by I would love to hear from you.

 Much love VPS xxx 

1 comment:

  1. That’s a really great advice for young and old concerning your teeth. Bottom line is if something hurts, then something’s wrong and a professional needs to get a closer look inside. The longer you allow the issue to persist, the longer and more painful the eventual treatment to fix the underlying problem will be, so get it checked.

    ReplyDelete