Friday, March 13, 2015

Corporate Mix and Matches




Mixing a casual pants with a structured peplum top creates balance
I am no expert in knowing what the most appropriate corporate attire should be, but one thing I know for sure is that every women has a inner voice when she styles herself for the day. You either listen to it or choose to ignore it. I have worked in the corporate environment for almost 15 years and have seen a lot of do's and dont's in styling for the office and I am still learning.

Every women can look her best at work if she chooses to take the time in planning her look. Someone asked me the other day why do you dress up for work ? I was a littlle flawed by this question as I dont think I dress up for work. I dress appropiately for work, for my age and my environment. I also struggle most mornings in choosing an outfit that can best describe my mood, depending what I need to do for the day.

This is and old post from VPSLookBook, it describes comfort

I have a few rules that I choose in styling myself and those are Comfort, Classy, Modesty and Balance. I am guided by this mostly when styling each morning. I too make blunders just the other day I wore a dress with a side slit that was just below my knee, I did a lot of running around and found that my dress shifted alot througout the day. I was most uncomfortable and wished I could have sat at my desk all day. Just then I wished I had listened to my inner voice.

Less is more, I believe one does not always need alot of clothing and shoes you simply need to know what pieces work well together.

This look descibes classy also an old post from VPSLookBook

I have a friend who is a qualified Image Consulant Nastassja Petersen also known as MrsRogero follow her on her blog www.mrsrogero.com  she inspires me to push the boundries in mixing things up, adding colour and textures to my wardrobe. Dressing for one's personality she illustrates this so well, and this does not mean because my personality is outgoing and freindly I have to dress outragouesly. Styling with accessiories makes an outfit diffrent and interesting.

Looking good is my way of loving myself, as a young girl I watched my mom get ready for work, I use to lay on my bed and watch her every move, from her slipping on her dress to combing her hair, and then doing her makeup. I guess I was always intrigued and could not wait to grow up and do it myself someday.

Trends in fashion change all the time, look for good quality pieces that will last throughout the seasons, wearing what works for your bodyshape is key in looking and feeling your best.

I end this post with my famous quote "Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good"

Leave your comments below, I would love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. Yes girl! I love it, and you look so fierce in these images. Serious business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nastassja apprecaite your support, yes dear you should know its serious business lol !!!

      Delete
  2. Coming to Jozi to raid your closet LOL

    ReplyDelete