Sunday, March 1, 2015

Forty and Free





Forty and Free that is how I felt on the morning of my birthday. I woke up with mixed feelings excited and overwhelmed all at once. My husband and kids overwhelmed me with so much love, hugs and kisses and gifts of course. I am truly a blessed woman no gift could compare to the love I have in my heart for them. I remember getting calls from my family and friends and their kind words of encouragement and inspiration made me cry so early in the morning. I loved every minute of it and knew that it was only by the grace of God that I made it thus far.

I felt a "shift" on the inside of me take place, no longer did I need the approval from others, no longer did I ponder on things that I knew was beyond my control. I felt a sense of freedom and peace understanding who I was and still am, a freedom and peace that only God could give.

My heart was free, free from rejection, free from fear of failure, free from man's opinion of me, it did not matter anymore!

Growing up in a "broken home" with my two sisters raised only by a single mother, made me the strong woman I am today. I knew that I had to have substance and great character in life to make a difference. Not knowing the love of my father that I longed for deeply growing up, it too did not matter anymore, as I look back on my life it is truly only the love of God and Grace that pulled me through. I will not allow myself to be boxed in by my past, my own limitations and opinions of anyone else. I know I am called for greater things, to inspire and build others up, I will fulfill the awesome plan God designed for my life.

I am my mother's daughter, I am my sister's keeper, I am Woman, I am Free.

I also am a wife to Brandon who is the love of my life, and mom to Jessica and Jodi my precious girls, they are my pride and joy and they keep me on my knees.

 I decided long ago that I will not  allow my past to keep me trapped, I will not blame anyone and play the victim. I would like to think that I made good choices, I waited on God and in waiting, I cried and prayed and prayed and prayed some more. Life is precious and it is a journey, one step at a time, one moment at a time. I have determined as a little girl that no matter what I will serve the Lord with all of me, and I knew at young age that there had to be more!

Ephesians 3:20 is my anthem  for life "Immeasurably More" that explains it all.

I have let you into my life with this very personal post as I have nothing to hide, we all have a story to tell no matter how painful you think it is, you will inspire someone and give them hope and a voice to share theirs.

Thank you for reading this post, share your story with me, its ok we all on a journey and we all need inspiration along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment